Senior Account Manager / Account Executive – Petrela Winter & Associates
REPORTING TO: President
Petrela, Winter & Associates is a 40 year old specialty commercial insurance brokerage specializing exclusively in the construction business, and widely known to be amongst the top brokers in the country in the construction segment. Located in Central Toronto (Bayview and Eglinton) and with affiliate offices in Montreal, the firm handles the bonding and insurance for contractors from $1Million to over $500 Million in sales, from coast to coast, including some of the most highly respected and elite contractors in Canada.
Petrela, Winter & Associates, is hiring a Senior Account Manager/ Account Executive for our Toronto location. This is a unique opportunity of joining a nimble, entrepreneurial, accomplished and well respected brokerage firm with a defined specialty and strategic advantage. Very little differentiates large Insurers or Jack-of-All-Trades Insurance Brokerage firms these days, so being part of a company with a very distinctive character and market focus allows for meaningful recognition, job satisfaction, and career success.
• Handle portfolio of contractor accounts, including GC’S, electrical, mechanical, and civil contractors.
• Consult with clients about renewal strategy and managing risk
• Negotiate renewals with incumbent
• Market and negotiate with other Insurers, as needed.
• Support surety colleagues in cross selling commercial insurances
• Service day to day needs of contractor clients, with technical and admin support provided
• Review and consult on contracts, and insurance requirements of same
• Report / quarterback / advocate claims
• Optional business development with full support of company personnel and resources as required.
• Attend industry (construction and insurance) events as necessary
• Self-Disciplined person who takes ownership over role and all tasks
• Team oriented – confident but with no ‘ego’
• Customer service obsessed
• Positive / energetic persona and demeanor
• Good communicator, both oral and written
• Comfortable meeting with demanding clients and carrying lead role
• Within 60 minute commute
• 10 years commercial underwriting and/or brokering experience
How to Apply:
If you are interested or know anyone that is interested in the above role please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.