Jr. Business Intelligence Analyst
LOCATION: Canada (Remote/ Work from home)
REPORTING TO: Chief Information Officer
POSITION OVERVIEW: Navacord is looking for a Junior Business Intelligence Analyst, who will support business stakeholders’ to drive stronger results through faster decision-making, management of risks, development of tailored product and services, market and portfolio expansion, and improved operational efficiencies. This role will pull and analyze larger amounts of relevant data and translate that data into dashboards that effectively track performance, trends, patterns and predictions.
This individual should have an entrepreneurial spirit that brings curiosity and innovation to their work. They should have data visualization skills, a natural aptitude for tools, and an analytical mind that supports problem-solving through data-driven solutions
- Work with the Business Intelligence Team and stakeholders to understand needs and deliver solutions that automate and generate insights.
- Mine large amounts of data from primary and secondary sources (broker management system, insurer, market, etc.) that can be easily read by either human or machine, and support translating the findings into key insights to support the business.
- Support the build and analysis of cross-platform marketing datasets to enhance stakeholders’ BI capabilities, including dashboard views that support strategic goals, including monthly reports that communicate performance, trends/patterns, and predictions against those goals.
- Oversee and/or perform all other legal tasks necessary to close M&A and other strategic transactions independently and at the direction of functional leadership
- Collaborate with the team to enhance sustainable analytic dashboards for better understanding of business performance, retention, growth and profitability.
- Assist with special projects – identify and research business needs, technology trends, and determine solutions to problems using various methodologies, tools and implementation strategies to achieve business objective.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematical science, statistics, economics, IT and/or related field
• 1-2 years’ experience in a similar analytical or data-driven environment
• Aptitude for tools including intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL, Dax, Design and data visualization software such as PowerBI
• Business intuition, problem solving, critical and analytical thinking
• Effective and collaborative interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
• Self-driven approach to tackling accountabilities with pace
• Insurance experience is a nice-to-have
When you join Navacord, you become part of a team of 2000+ very capable and committed employees focused on building The Great Canadian Brokerage® and will have the opportunity to work in a very entrepreneurial and fast paced team oriented environment. As the fourth member of Navacord’s growing Legal department you will play a key role in enabling Navacord’s growth and organizational evolution and will be afforded significant professional growth opportunities. If you are looking to make a difference in a growth oriented business this opportunity is for you.
Navacord is actively committed to supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply.
Building The Great Canadian Brokerage
Founded in 2014 and headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Navacord is one of Canada’s top four commercial insurance brokerages and a leader in risk management services.
Since its founding in 2014, leveraging its pillars of entrepreneurial independence and business leadership, Navacord has grown rapidly both organically and through acquisitions, now includes more than thirty local brands, and writes in excess of $3 billion in annual gross premiums.
Navacord is sponsored by Madison Dearborn Partners, one of the most experienced private equity funds in the United States, who, along with the management and employees of Navacord and its Broker Partners owns Navacord.
- 4th Largest Commercial Brokerage in Canada
- 2,000+ Employees
- 50,000+ Commercial Clients
- ~$500mm Revenue
- 60% Commercial Lines
- 25% Personal Lines
- 15% Benefits & Retirement
~$3 billion Annual Premium